Leadership Opportunity as a SOCAP Board Member
As a member led organization our strategic direction is guided by professionals in the Customer Care Industry.
Each year, the Nominating Committee fills open director seats and officer positions on the Board in accordance with the Bylaws. The term of service for directors is three-years and each officer position is elected for a one-year term.
Benefits of Being a SOCAP Board Member
- Develop leadership skills in strategic planning, negotiation, public speaking, political savvy, industry awareness and conference planning
- Learn governance procedures for a non-profit organization
- Contribute to the strategic direction of SOCAP
- Eligibility to serve on the Executive Committee as an officer
- Officers learn Parliamentary procedure, financial management and gain exposure to the interworking of SOCAP in collaboration with the President & CEO
- Increase corporate visibility for your organization
Roles | Responsibilities | Time Commitment
- Directors on the SOCAP board serve a 3-year term
- Directors have liaison responsibilities for operating committees
- Virtual Board Meetings are held monthly with two in-person meetings conducted each Saturday before the Spring and Fall In-Person Symposiums
- Attendance, leadership and sponsorship at each in-person symposium is anticipated
- Review Bylaws.
| April thru |
| Applications accepted through the SOCAP website |
| June || Nominating Committee conducts applicant interviews |
| July || Slate of candidates recommended to the board of directors for approval |
| August || Candidate profiles shared with general membership on SOCAP website and social media platforms |
| September || Electronic ballots are distributed via e-mail to current SOCAP members |
| October || New slate of officers and directors are sworn in at the in-person board meeting held on the Saturday preceding the fall symposium |
| January || New officers and directors begin their 3-year term of service |
Nominate or Apply to be a SOCAP Board Member
Thank you for your interest in our Board nomination process - for more information, please e-mail SOCAP@SOCAP.org to in touch with the current chair of the Nominations Committee.