Leveraging Social Media and Word of Mouth to Engage Your Customers and Build Brand Success
Join SOCAP International
and the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA
) for a joint webinar discussion on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 2:30 pm EST
on “Leveraging Social Media and Word of Mouth to Engage Your Customers and Build Brand Success
For the webinar, you will hear relevant case study examples from General Mills and learn how the customer care and marketing communications functions at this company interact successfully with customers using social media and word of mouth. Additionally, you will find out how these two departments collaborate to promote their product brands. As a part of the webinar, leaders from SOCAP and WOMMA will engage in an open discussion with participants about the future of social media and word of mouth in promoting and leveraging increased customer interaction. Don’t miss this lively discussion!
Webinar participants are encouraged to register and submit questions in advance of the June 30 webinar.
Jeff Hagen, Director, Consumer Services, General Mills, Inc.
David Witt, Public Relations Manager, General Mills, Inc.
$50 for SOCAP and WOMMA members
$99 for non-members
Major Discussion Topics:
- Show how companies are using social media tools to interact with customers
- Discuss the connections between word-of-mouth and consumer services in leveraging social media to increase customer engagement and generate brand promotion
- Hear case study examples about how companies identify influencers and leverage consumer input to promote their brands
- Show the role that customer care can play in helping to advance the word-of-mouth marketing strategy
See 2009 Webinar Schedule!
SOCAP President Quoted in ABC News Article
SOCAP President Matthew D’Uva was quoted extensively in an ABC website article written by popular SOCAP conference presenter and career expert Lindsey Pollak.
In the article, Matthew makes the case for why new college grads should consider a career in the association world.
SOCAP Social Media Webinar
LinkedIn and Facebook and Twitter.oh, my! Online social networking is fast becoming a "must" for businesses and individuals. If you've hesitated to get involved or don't know how, join us for this informative webinar. You will receive an overview of the three most important online networks and learn which ones are right for your goals.
Discussion topics include:
- Understanding the social media landscape
- A basic introduction to creating a great profile and using the best features of LinkedIn and Facebook
- Trying Twitter
- Growing your online presence
- Answers to your most burning questions about Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!
Below is an open thread for commenting on the Social Media Webinar. Feel free to add comments!
Twitter & Brands
Let’s try this Twitter style: 140 characters max per paragraph. No embedded links. (Click the URL instead).
-Last week, I posted “That’s Great – But How Do I Use It in My Business,” discussing ways to use Twitter in biz: http://tinyurl.com/dawp3g
-Below are some other Twitter biz resources, found on Mashable (excellent social media blog – http://mashable.com/):
-#1) “The 7 Ways to Approach Twitter” – http://tinyurl.com/cdovtg
-#2) “40 of the Best Twitter Brands and the People Behind Them” – http://tinyurl.com/8bkoxp
Hope these help!
Cindy Collins Smith – SOCAP