Big Data is a strategy embraced by today’s businesses to help define, enhance and leverage the customer experience. According to Microsoft’s “Global Enterprise Big Data Trends: 2013” study, customer care drives 41% of the demand for big data solutions.
“Big Data” refers to:
- The use of data drawn from enterprise information systems, third party data stores and social media;
- Data created by people interacting and machines interconnecting;
- Data that exist in formats that are easily processed in their existing structure or data that are unstructured, requiring additional analysis and manipulation in order to be processed;
- Data representing huge volumes, measured in terabytes, petabytes, and exabytes–units of measure that outstrip the ability of traditional database management systems.
Many companies use this technology to marshal data as a resource and to give front-line customer care professionals the information they need to make decisions that puts the customer first. This type of business thinking breeds greater consumer satisfaction and loyalty over the long run.
Learn about how to use big data to make decisions that impact your company’s bottom line.
Major topics covered in this section include:
- Data Reporting and Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data Privacy and Protection
- Reporting for Non-Customer Care Professional
SOCAP White Paper - Now Arriving: Big Data in the Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism Sector
In this white paper we look at the real opportunity of Big Data and how Big Data is changing the HTT sector. This discussion begins with the big picture. How is Big Data and data analytics causing a paradigm shift in the HTT experience, and how are companies seeking to remain on the right side of business success adapting their operations to be competitive?
Read the White Paper