News & Trends for Customer Care Professionals
Keeping Customers Happy
- Research shows that "78% of consumers have bailed on a transaction or not made an intended purchase because of a poor service experience."
Read more about how friction destroys the customer experience: bit.ly/CXfriction
- Although it's been around since the 1950s, brands have just started using artificial intelligence (AI) for core consumer services. Technology is now highly accurate:
- Google's voice recognition technology = 98% accuracy
- Facebook's DeepFace = 97% success rate
- IBM's Watson = 2,400% "smarter" today than when it won on Jeopardy five years ago
“While there is huge potential for brands to capitalize on AI to create more personalized experiences, they also need to be careful not to cross the ‘creepy’ line when it comes to customer privacy,” says Rachel Barton, managing director of advanced customer strategy at Accenture Strategy.
Read more about how brands are using AI to enhance customer experience:bit.ly/BrandAi
- “Any CMO worth their salt is looking after customer experience,” says Mark Evans, Direct Line Group’s marketing director. According to a Marketing Watch survey, 83% of marketers say that customer service is now more central to their role than just five years ago:
- 54% - much more important
- 29% - somewhat more important
- 15% - report no change
Read more about marketers’ changing roles: bit.ly/MktPriority
- “You can’t have satisfied customers if you have dissatisfied employees,” says Shawn Murphy, founder of organizational leadership company Switch & Shift
Read more about how employee satisfaction leads to customer satisfaction: bit.ly/HappyCE
- In the next three years, 60% of digital commerce analytics investments will be spent on customer journey analytics, according to Gartner research.
Read more about how machine learning improves customer journey mapping: bit.ly/howML