SOCAP 2016 Annual Conference: Digital Consumer Care
Digital channels have completely changed the way consumers communicate and get information on products and services. The availability and access to these digital channels not only continue to empower consumers, but customer care via digital channels has now become what McKinsey calls a "strategic imperative" for companies seeking to deliver consistent, relevant and superior customer care.
Consider these statistics:
- Nearly 65% of social media users go digital when seeking consumer ratings; 62% do so for consumer reviews and half routinely visit company websites (McKinsey)
- Companies that leverage digital customer care can increase customer satisfaction by up to 33% (McKinsey Article, August 2015)
SOCAP's 2016 Annual Conference will address Digital Consumer Care and the impact that digital will have on the customer experience. Broad strategic questions we plan to explore through the conference sessions include:
- How are companies prepared to deliver quality digital consumer care?
- What does digital transformation look like in your company?
- What are the challenges and opportunities associated with pursuing digital care?
- What resources or investments are required to provide reliable and superior digital care in the future?
- What are companies currently doing with digital care?
- What does the advent of digital channels for consumer care mean for traditional channels for customer care? (e.g., phone)
Session categories will be:
- Technology – includes specific ways technology channels (e.g., social, video, chat, mobile, etc.) are driving digital consumer care. Also, mitigating risk with technology (e.g., protecting networks and customer data in contact centers)
- Multichannel – includes self-service processes and strategies. Also, how companies are leveraging different channels of communication.
- Training and Development – includes related training and staffing issues related to digital customer care.
- Reporting – includes topics related to metrics and ROI with digital care. Also, the different ways that companies share, apply and report data.