A Message from the President
On behalf of the Minnesota Chapter Board, welcome to our chapter page! With a national membership comes the fantastic opportunity to connect with a local SOCAP community.
The Minnesota Chapter, the very first chapter of SOCAP International, was founded in 1973 and currently has over 100 people from a variety of companies and industries. We meet 4-6 times during the year in Twin Cities metro locations. Email invites for the meetings are sent by the national office and reminders are sent from the chapter email address.
What is the benefit of having a local chapter you ask? Let me share.
- Local programming - Not everyone can get to national events, so local chapters allow members to attend high quality programs without high travel costs. These meetings may include a tour of a contact center, panel discussions on best practices or personal leadership development sessions.
- Professional development for you and your guests. Meetings are open to guests and provide a great opportunity to invite team members or cross-functional partners.
- Networking, right here in the Twin Cities. Sometimes our departments may be “islands” within our companies. SOCAP International gives us the chance to build business relationships with others facing the same challenges other consumer relations professionals experience.
- Professional skill development - Gain new skills by serving as a board member or meeting volunteer as we plan and execute meetings. Or, share your own expertise by serving on a panel discussion or presenting insights to your peers.
- New friends - When you attend your first national event, you will have a group of at least 10 or more Minnesota Chapter members to be a friendly face and guide at the conference. And who knows, you make professional friends that last a lifetime.
I am pleased to be serving as the President in 2018 and working with a group of talented volunteers serving as your Chapter Board (see our contact info below). We hope to see you at a meeting soon!
Manager, Consumer Affairs & Customer Concerns