Hotel del Coronado
Room Rate: $229.00 per night plus $10 resort fee
(excludes local taxes and fees)
Hotel Cutoff Date: September 14
1500 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118
Phone: 1-619-435-6611 or 1-800-HOTEL-DEL
Reserve your room today! (group code: SOCAP 2012)
With its iconic red turrets piercing the taut horizontal lines of an azure California skyline, the Hotel del Coronado radiates with a confidence of gracious Victorian splendor that is without equal.
Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977.
The quintessential San Diego vacation destination, the Hotel del Coronado offers something for everyone. For families, The Del is the idyllic locale for those who yearn for a memorable vacation getaway. For couples, the resort’s enchanting island setting and classic architecture form the perfect backdrop for a romantic escape. Thus making The Del the number-one wedding destination in America as rated by The Travel Channel. And when it comes to business, few hotels or conference centers can match the unique surroundings that frame the more than 65,000-square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and exhibition space.
San Diego International Airport is approximately 9 miles from the hotel.
Taxi transportation is available for $30USD (est.) from San Diego International Airport to the hotel.
FROM SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT / LINDBERGH FIELD
• Exit the airport by turning left onto North Harbor Drive.
• Travel approximately 1.4 miles, and then turn left onto West Grape Street.
• Travel approximately 1/2 mile, and look for the Interstate 5 South on-ramp,
accessible from the far- right lane.
• Merge onto Interstate 5 freeway, traveling south.
• Travel approximately three miles (through Downtown San Diego) until you see the
California 75 - Coronado Bay Bridge exit, accessible from the far-right lane.
• Merge onto California 75 Coronado Bay Bridge. (No toll is required.)
• After driving over Coronado Bay Bridge, stay to the left on Third Street.
• Travel approximately 0.10 mile on Third Street, and turn left onto Orange Avenue.
• Follow Orange Avenue approximately two miles to the Hotel del Coronado.
• The resort main entrance is just past R. H. Dana Place to the right.